Please read all these Terms and Conditions for Lease before you rent the Zero Crystal game kit from us.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 07878 678424.
These terms and conditions will apply to the Owner leasing the Equipment to the Hirer, and the Hirer leasing the Equipment from the Owner. By booking a rental slot the Hirer agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Hirer can only lease the Equipment if the Hirer is eligible to enter into a contract and is at least 18 years old.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following definitions are used:
a. "The Owner" means Holden and Smit limited (trading name Escape for Real) whose principal place of business is Unit 44, ICentre, Howard Way, Newport Pagnell, MK16 9PY.
b. "The Hirer" means any person, persons or body corporate leasing equipment from Holden & Smit Ltd.
c. "Equipment" means Zero Crystal game kit which has an approximate market value of £3,900.
d. "Casualty Value" means the market value of the Equipment in relation to a Total Loss.
e. "Total Loss" means any loss or damage that is not repairable or that would cost more to repair than the market value of the Equipment.
The Owner agrees to lease the Equipment to the Hirer, and the Hirer agrees to lease the Equipment from the Owner on the terms specified in this document.
The Period of Lease and Delivery:
1. The period of lease shall commence with the Hirer taking possession of the Equipment and shall terminate when the Equipment is returned. If the Hirer leases the equipment by booking a renting slot on https://www.escapeforreal.co.uk/book-now/rent-zero-crystal this period is equal to the renting slot.
2. The Owner will, at the Owner's own expense and risk, deliver the Equipment to the Hirer at the address that the Hirer will specify.
3. Where the Equipment is delivered or collected by Hirer or Hirer's representative such delivery or collection is at the Hirer's risk and expense and the Hirer shall be liable for physical loss and damage and delay to the Equipment from the time the Equipment leaves the Owner's premises until it is returned to the Owner's premises.
4. The full list of items included in the Equipment is specified in the Inventory List that will be signed by the Owner and the Hirer at the point of delivery and collection of the Equipment.
Use of Equipment:
5. The Hirer will use the Equipment in a good and careful manner and will comply with all of the Owner's requirements and instructions respecting the Equipment and with any applicable law respecting the use of the Equipment, including but not limited to, environmental and copyright law.
6. The Hirer will use the Equipment for the purpose for which it was designed and not for any other purpose.
7. The Hirer will not alter, modify or attach anything to the Equipment unless the alteration, modification or attachment is easily removable without damaging the functional capabilities or economic value of the Equipment.
8. The equipment is of merchantable quality and is fit for the purposes it is originally used.
9. The equipment will be in good working order and good condition upon delivery.
10. The Hirer's signature on the Inventory List will be taken as conclusive evidence that the Hirer is satisfied with the condition of the Equipment.
Damage or Loss to Equipment:
11. To the extent permitted by law, the Hirer will be responsible for risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction to the Equipment from any and every cause.
12. If the Equipment is lost or damaged the Hirer will pay the full cost of repair and / or replacement of any part of the Equipment lost or damaged beyond repair with reference to new equipment of the same or nearest available specification provided by the Owner.
13. In the event of Total Loss of the Equipment the Hirer will pay to the Owner the Casualty Value of the Equipment, at which point ownership of the Equipment passes to the Hirer.
Ownership and Right to Lease:
14. The Equipment is the property of the Owner and will remain the property of the Owner.
15. The Owner warrants that the Owner has the right to lease the Equipment.
16. At the end of the Period of Lease the Hirer will make the Equipment available for pick up at the address provided by the Hirer. If the Hirer fails to make the equipment available for pick up at the end of the booked time, the Hirer will pay the Owner the price of the next renting slots until the Equipment is made available. If the equipment is not available 3 days after the end of the Period of Lease the Hirer will pay the Owner the Casualty Value of the Equipment plus 10% of the Casualty Value, at which point ownership of the Equipment will pass to the Hirer.
17. The Hirer will indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney fees and costs, arising out of or related to the Hirer's use of the Equipment.
18. The Owner shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for losses incurred by the Hirer due to faulty or non-functioning Equipment during the period of lease.
Lease Fee and Payment:
19. The lease fee for the Equipment is that set out on the Website.
20. The prices do not include VAT.
21. The Hirer must pay by submitting their credit or debit card details with their booking and the Owner takes payment immediately.
22. The Owner reserves the right to change the lease fee at any time.
23. The Hirer pays the Owner a security deposit when the Hirer books a renting slot. The amount of the deposit is stated on the Owner's website.
24. The deposit is refunded on safe return of the Equipment.
25. The deposit is refunded through the online credit card service and may take up between 5 and 10 working days to clear the funds to the account of the Hirer.